lunes, 13 de agosto de 2012

Review of The Trophy Saga by Paul M. Schofield


Trophy: Rescue (The Trophy Saga) by Paul M. Schofield


Review by Alex Canton-Dutari
I am always a bit afraid when reading a sequel, mainly because of the fear of not remembering the original work. In this case it came back strongly as the ...characters in the sequel continued developing a story that was definitely well stored in my mind.
The creation of an organized, religion-free society was interestingly developed as well as the Compu-Court, which cast doubts about a perfect computer trying to cater to all human needs.
Martin and Panther did remind me of vampires due to their lack of need to breathe, though with normal human feelings.
It was good reading that there is always hope for Mother Earth in the mind of the author. And the “time of the Great Sadness and the New Beginning” was a beautiful way of describing the motive of this good story.
Mr. Schofield has the ability of describing battles with such precision that the reader may feel like a close participant.
BTW, the concept of “joined consciousness” was quite unique creating a take-off from Jung’s collective unconscious put to practical use.
When I read End my first reaction was: I hope not!

INTERVIEW
1-When did you start creative writing, formally?
In 1991 I took a creative writing class in the adult-education program offered by Plantation High School, Plantation, FL. I worked on the hunting scene of Trophy as a short story. Thereafter the pages lay dormant in a drawer until late summer of 2009. With encouragement from an English-Lit friend I developed the rest of the book and after much editing and rewriting Trophy was published in February, 2010. I have continued writing and revising ever since.
2-How do you keep track of all the characters and is there a technique to maintain the storyline?
I have note cards and a list of all the characters, major and minor, with a short bio on each describing their physical characteristics, emotional tendencies and attitudes. I also keep track of how they are dressed and their rank, position, and employment in the storyline.
My books are written in third person point of view, present tense. I'll describe, usually with dialogue, what is happening to characters in one scene and then shift to other characters, keeping the same time frame or moving to the next sequential scene. I follow a rough outline and keep the storyline flowing in the forward direction using limited flashbacks only when necessary.
3-Do you have a family background of writers/artists?
I come from a creative family. My father is an architect and musician; my mother has an artistic streak for painting and poetry. I am also a musician with training on the piano, trombone, and self-taught on the guitar. I was part of a local rock band writing and playing our own music. It was a blast and it fostered my desire to continue being creative. My long-time career as a residential designer continues with the added bonus of finally becoming a published author, a goal I want to develop even further.
http://www.amazon.com/TROPHY-RESCUE-Trophy-Saga-ebook/dp/B0075CFCX6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344696772&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Trophy%3A+Rescue+%28The+Trophy+Saga%29+by+Paul+M.+Schoefield

2 comentarios:

Paul M. Schofield dijo...

Thanks, Alex! Great website and neat idea about adding interviews with the authors. I appreciate your hard work for us indie authors.

Paul

alex canton dijo...

Always welcome, Paul