miércoles, 30 de octubre de 2013

Daughters of Iraq (Review)

Daughters of Iraq by Revital Shiri-Horowitz
Review by Alex Canton-Dutari
I read this book as a historical family saga describing relocation from Iraq to Israel. I must admit that I am partial to themes such as the present one.
It was interesting to read some chapters written in first person and others as a narrative. The former I felt more compelling than the latter.
My favourite character was Farida, and her continuous “A blessing on your head, ”impelled my imagination to complete the phrase with “Mazel tov, Mazel tov,” as sung in Fiddler on the Roof.
I was surprised by what I considered an abrupt ending, followed by a glossary which I found completely unnecessary as the Hebrew words were well described throughout the text.
To all fellow readers of this book: “Le Chaim!”

No hay comentarios: