miércoles, 30 de octubre de 2013

Lucky Charm (Review)

Lucky Charm by Valerie Douglas
Reviewed by Alex Canton-Dutari
By the cover of this book I was pretty sure that chick lit would be its genre, though this genre does not generally start with the description of a crime scene. Hence, I decided that a detective or a romantic suspense story would unfold. 
A few pages along I came across a torrid -- in fact, perfectly written -- sex scene. It was described in such a way that only Ms Douglas masters so well. From then on the plot developed in a way that kept my interest, always spiced by references to the initial sexual experience. 
I suspect that this novel may be quite appealing to young female adults. If I am not wrong it would be in their benefit to do some editing for grammar. For example, "That was she thought she'd saw," is not correct. The Caribbean dance is not "meringue;" it is called <merengue>.
By the way, even at my age I would not mind finding as nice a lucky charm as Matt did.

No hay comentarios: